Experienced Web Developer
Jask is one of Birmingham’s leading creative agencies. Working with an impressive client base, we are passionate about creating, developing and implementing marketing communications that help set our clients apart from the crowd.
At Jask we pride ourselves on delivering WordPress and WooCommerce projects that are developed completely in-house with minimal use of plugins and zero templates. We are looking for a talented Web Developer to join our expanding team.
Reporting to our Technical Director, you would be working as part of a team to build a variety of projects for our clients, from full website builds through to updates and amends to existing projects.
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of working with WordPress and WooCommerce and would ideally have at least 5 years of experience within the industry.
Main duties would include:
- Contributing to project proposal conversations with the development team, project managers, and designers
- Assisting with wireframe development
- Developing WordPress based websites for clients
- Developing WooCommerce stores
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Cross browser and device testing (inc. debugging)
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with creative and account management teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- Participating in company-wide and team meetings
- Participating in meetings with clients where necessary (via Zoom or in-person when permitted)
- Birthday holiday in addition to standard holidays
- Company pension
- Discounts at various retailers including Apple, Philips Hue, Logitech and more
- Discounted cinema tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- + more perks (provided by Perkbox)
- Experience in a similar environment
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Good understanding of PHP back-end development
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus
- Knowledge of version control systems, specifically Git
- Logical thinking and the ability to debug code and work through issues
- Ability to use Photoshop and Adobe XD to export and optimise assets
- An understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience using command line utilities on Mac and/or Linux
- Knowledge of the latest web trends and open source projects
We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate some of these skills at the interview with some past projects.